Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I noticed my car's interior lights were still on so I went out and proceeded to open and shut all the doors without luck of them turning off. Fearing for my battery I decided to disconnect the battery cable from the neg. side everything went off. The following day, out of the chilling rain I found the #8 fuse would do the same thing from inside the car, but the problem is NO RADIO!!!
. Question is where to begin?

J

·
0 Posts
It should EVENTUALLY turn off even if a door is sensed as being ajar. I had this problem once when I first got my car and it turned out that I had the dimmer switch next to the light switch all the way up.
When the dimmer switch is all the way up it turns on the interior lighting. Hopefully that's all it is.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
If it's one of the door ajar switches in the door, it will not go out. I has this happen on my 97 GL, and I had to replace th driver's door switch (presumably because it gets used the most). The part was like $10 from the dealer. You have to pull the trim panel off the door to get to it, so I would get new plastic door pushpins as well. Make sure the pushpins are for the taurus (they are light blue), because the other ford pins (black) are not quite big enough, and will not hold well. You will also need a torx wrench (sorry, can't remember what size) to remove the latch mechanism in the door. The switch attaches to the latch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jason8225 proves my old noggin is getting more & more forgetful !
guess my knee hit the darn thing cause I didn't even realize I had a dimmer switch!
now you know why they call me pita

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Apr 14 2004, 01:38 PM
If it's one of the door ajar switches in the door, it will not go out. I has this happen on my 97 GL, and I had to replace th driver's door switch (presumably because it gets used the most). The part was like $10 from the dealer. You have to pull the trim panel off the door to get to it, so I would get new plastic door pushpins as well. Make sure the pushpins are for the taurus (they are light blue), because the other ford pins (black) are not quite big enough, and will not hold well. You will also need a torx wrench (sorry, can't remember what size) to remove the latch mechanism in the door. The switch attaches to the latch.
same here on sable it was my drivers door

1 - 5 of 5 Posts