Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 sable gs and the interior lights will not shut off. To make it simple I just removed every bulb inside the car. I would love to have them work again though. The switch seems to work properly with the dash lights so I don't think that went bad. What kind of sensors or relays etc. control when they go on and off?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Are you sure the dimmer switch isn't set all the way up?

If you had a '96 or newer I'd say spray the door latches with WD-40, but that doesn't work '95 and earlier. There is a plunger on the door hinge side of the door that you could try spraying with WD-40.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the switches and cleaned them all up on the two front doors. Rear doors don't have them and I have a sedan. They door open chime comes on when I open the door and have the keys in the ingnition. When I shut the door it goes off. But the lights still stay one. I disconnected to the dimmer switch to try to rule that out and still, they stay on. The switches look like a littlw white plastic clip that sticks out a little. I have no idea if its stuck or how its suppose to move. Are there any other areas? Can I go in and disconnect them one by one to see if that would take care of it? Would they keep the lights on or off if they were disconnected?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
If you disconnect the switch the light should go off. It's probably not the driver's door if the key-in-ignition chime operates normally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts