Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.
Part of the Police Package on my car included a option to disable the courtesy lights. The Police dept. that had this car paid $15.00 in 1995 to have the interior courtesy lights made inoperative. This is done to allow the car to be unseen during steak-outs.

I would like to re-enable the courtesy lights, but have as of yet been unable to find out how. It doesn't seem to just be a fuse, as neither I nor the dealer were able to find the solution. I can turn on the interior lights with the dimmer switch, but not when the doors open.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Well, they could have cut the door triger wire anywhere in the car, so finding it will be hard. Good luck

Brad

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm...that's what I'm afraid of.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm thinking you are referring to the light sitting on the edge of the door, lights up when you open it.

If so, I'm wondering how that lens comes off so I can replace a bulb, drivers side. I've tried prying here and there, but do not want to pry the wrong place and break that plastic.

94 Taurus SLO.

(replaced a battery today. Test showed battery as bad. Previous owner put a Kmart battery on there. Who cares if they(Kmart, Walmart...local grocer?) warranty it, if you don't have a decent battery. The thing about a good battery is forgetting about it. Get in car, it starts. I have a Die Hard now.)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
No, I think the courtesy includes the dome lights as well as the lights in the door.

BTW, to replace that light in the door, you have to take off the panel and get it from behind.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah: courtesy lights include the dome light(s) and all door panel lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts