Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently Bought a 2004 Ford Taurus SES. So I have a question.

I want to know if there is supposed to be lights where the heater/ac control knobs are. So your driving at night there are light everywhere else like the stereo and what not but the climate control knobs and that small section, there are no lights. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like that or not. It doesn't make any sense to me for there not to be any lights there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I have tried that and it didn't seem to work. That area is totally blacked out when driving at night. Do you know what that whole center area is called. I was trying to find it my manual and can't seem to get the center piece off so that I can check it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
you have to use radio keys. if you look at the face, towards the side you will see 4 small holes. the radio key slides in and allows the removal of the face. i have used 4 tiny standard screwdrivers to get it out before but it opened the holes up a little.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the center heater/AC controls in my 01 Taurus use three 5volt lamps.
If 1 goes out they all go dead, like the old xmas tree lites. Ford dealer told me that the repair was to replace the board at a cost of $175.
I ordered the lamps from allied electronics / www.alliedelec.com (800-433-5700)
Just had to remove the old lamps and holders, a small white plastic base and solder the new lamps on the board and reinstall. They have been going strong for the last year.
the cost of the bulbs was less than $12 and my time.
The part number I used was #680

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so I did get to the bottom of this little problem of mine. So I ended up getting the center console or whatever it's called out with a metal coat hanger. I just clipped it in half and made both pieces u-shaped and it came right out. Dismantled everything down to the circuit board and yes, there are three little lights and the center one is popped.

So I am wondering does anyone know if I could just get one of these from radioshack.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
the center heater/AC controls in my 01 Taurus use three 5volt lamps.
If 1 goes out they all go dead, like the old xmas tree lites. Ford dealer told me that the repair was to replace the board at a cost of $175.
I ordered the lamps from allied electronics / www.alliedelec.com (800-433-5700)
Just had to remove the old lamps and holders, a small white plastic base and solder the new lamps on the board and reinstall. They have been going strong for the last year.
the cost of the bulbs was less than $12 and my time.
The part number I used was #680
dont know about radio shack but ^^^^^^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts