Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Taurus SHO with quite a few problems I might ask about later, but my first question was about the lights for my entire dashboard.

Now whenever I have the headlights turned on at night (which I usually keep my auto light switch on), the back lights for my actual light switch, my interior clock, and I think my gauge cluster as well, are all unlit when I can see they're supposed to be

When I bought the car, it had an aftermarket head unit (Pioneer) and a sony 10 disc CD changer in the trunk with a little unit that lights up and is supposed to control the disc changer, but I don't know if that is the problem since I didn't wire it up myself, but if it is, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find the wires to undo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad bulbs?
they light up perfectly fine when the headlights are off, but I can't see any light when on, and the gauge cluster itself doesn't have back light for any of the main gauges. All of the smaller lights like warning lights, check engine, low fuel, etc light up perfectly fine, so maybe it's just the bulbs or maybe I can't get enough power running to those bigger bulbs Idk.

Sadly, I'm not an electrical engineer like William Osman (subscribe 😉), but I can at least take a guess as to it being either an issue of the stuff that was installed taking away power, or possibly wires just being old and not working well enough. It's not my battery either, I just got a brand new one almost 2 months ago

1 - 3 of 3 Posts