Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Limited Ford Taurus
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2015 Ford Taurus Limited — A while back I bought some random LED lights from Farm and Fleet to replace the stock bulbs in my map lights. Afterward I realized you’re not supposed to use lights like that and need resistors or CANBUS bulbs to work correctly. I’m not sure what happened but after I put in those Farm and Fleet LEDs, the lights stopped turning on and off with the doors opened, but worked if you pressed them on/off. Yesterday, I purchased some more LEDs on eBay that I thought had resistors and were made for the Taurus, but when I swapped the map lights and dome lights in the back, it did not fix the problem with the map lights turning on with the doors and the two circular bulbs in the back dome light will not turn off. The center bulb is working just fine, turns on and off with the door, but that is the only light in the car that does so. I don’t know much about these issues and really don’t understand how just switching the bulbs would cause these problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as of now I just took all the lights out in the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That rear center lamp also needs a resistor. These cars are now too smart to make simple mods. The canbus system can't recognize the LED lamps unless they have the same resistance as an incandescent lamp

·
Registered
2015 Limited Ford Taurus
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That rear center lamp also needs a resistor. These cars are now too smart to make simple mods. The canbus system can't recognize the LED lamps unless they have the same resistance as an incandescent lamp
I guess I’ll just get them in all around the car then. And you would think adding resistors to the map lights would also fix the problem with them turning on/off with the doors? It just seems super weird because they do work when you press them on or off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts