Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a '95 Ford Taurus; when I bought the car the door was already loose and recently it has almost completely fallen off. I know I should definitely act soon or I will find myself without a door panel. My car has Auto windows and locks as well as the auto mirror adjusters (I am not 100% on how standard all of those are -_-). Now I was wondering should I go to a local Pick-a-part and try to scrap a new door panel? If I do will I need to find an exact match or are there some similarity in between the model years? I am also up for any other suggestions on how to fix it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Why is it falling off? Are the plastic barbed panel plugs missing/broken? If this is the case, any parts store will have suitable replacement plugs.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
A lot of times people replace a power window or lock and don't use the proper tool to remove the panel, and basically tear it all to pieces. Usually it's not the plastic pushpins themselves that are damaged but the door panel itself. Remove and inspect it, and if it needs replacement buy the correct trim panel tool before removing the replacement at the junkyard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts