Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My taurus has the leather package and the interior door panels are peeling off of the doors. There is no way that i have found to re glue this because the backing just peel away again. Has anybody else had this problem, is there a recall, or someway to repair it. Thanks.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
I'm guessing it's a gen 4 because my gen 4 with leather had the leather door panels.

Anyway...I belive it is vinyl. So pick up some vinyl glue and try again. I can't believe it's peeling off! Mine looked like you couldn't have peeled it if you tried. It was on there real tight. That sucks!

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
3M makes an adhesive called "Industrial 90" that comes in a spray can. This stuff is mega-strong and would be perfect to bond leather back to the panel. It's about $7.99 for a can and can be found at a Lowe's or Home Depot-type store.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Sometimes before regluing it is a good idea to remove the old glue or stickyback. I use mineral spirits or sometimes alcohol. Then you have a nice clean surface to spread or spray your new glue and it works better imho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts