Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 99 vulcan. When the engine is at normal operating temperature and the heat is on, the air is lukewarm. When I bring the RPMs up, the heat then blows hotter air. The higher the fan speed, the higher I have to bring the RPMs up the get the heat to actually blow hot air. The temp gauge looks like it is functioning properly and doesn't drop when the car is moving. I'm thinking that the cooling system needs to be flushed but I'm open to other ideas.

·
Registered
199 Posts
^ If flush doesnt give satisfactory results, i would look to water pump.
You can try a flush as the cheapest alternative but this sounds exactly like a bad waterpump, especially how it gets hotter the more you rev the engine. I just did this on my car adn it wasn't all that bad. See this thread
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-...r-disappointment-heater-core-help-please.html

One help was gasket remover for the waterpump gasket. Also, gasket sealer helped immensly holding the gasket in place while placing the pump in place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Heater cores on these cars tend to get plugged up. I had mine do the same thing, had the stat changed, no help, heater core flush did the trick. HTH's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts