Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Pick N Pull to wander around. The inventory has changed so there wasn't too many cars of interest this time although I am excited that they finally got a few newer cars in! There was a handful of G3s now and two G4s. There were a few newer FoMoCo products like an '01 Focus and a couple of G1 Windstars and at least three '98+ CVPIs.

I wanted to find a couple SHOs, but there were gone (they had them last year). I found a couple of art cars though.

Click for larger version.

My old Sable was gone :eek: , but I found this car. This is one of the G4s that was on the lot (the other was a white '02 Sable GS). Is it me or does anyone else find almost exact clones of their cars in the junkyard? This car was hit in front. It belonged to a high school kid (parking permit was found on the dash).

It's an early build '03 SEL with tan leather interior and floor shifter (interestingly enough, it had both dual visors and power seat on the passenger side, but no Mach). It has 73k miles on it. There wasn't much left to pick off it. Everything inside was trashed. Someone threw the CV axle into the driver's seat and the boot broke leaving a gooey mess that resembles my toilet after eating curry. And they shoved the transmission (and associated parts) in the trunk leaving a liquid mess there as well. Engine was MIA. :angry:

Is it weird that I think this might be foreshadowing something? I mean I saw a clone of my Sable there before it died and then it ended up there a year later!

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Alex, one time I saw an EXACT clone of my car in the Junkyard. Red 01 SES with charcoal leater, vulcan and column shift.

It was within 1000 miles (more) than my car at the time. It was Tboned at a high rate of speed.

Needless to say, the next 1000 miles were a very nervous 1000 miles for me.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Go back and grab those gauges!

Definitely some odd looking vehicles...never seen "art cars" at the junkyard. Some people really don't give a sh*t at the junkyard and will ruin a lot of decent stuff a Pick N Pull can actually sell.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The driver's door won't open and there's a bunch of crap (literally) in the driver's seat. Maybe when I'm not feeling lazy I'll grab those gauges.

It seems that art cars are more common on the west than the east from what I hear.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ May 25 2009, 09:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727870
The driver's door won't open and there's a bunch of crap (literally) in the driver's seat. Maybe when I'm not feeling lazy I'll grab those gauges.

It seems that art cars are more common on the west than the east from what I hear.[/b]
I actually went to a junk yard last week and saw a Subaru GL that was an art car... it was quite strange looking

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I didn't see it in a junkyard, but I've seen a G3 with Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas painted on the hood (can't remember any other details of the painting though). If I see it again I'll try to get a pic.

It looked a bit out of place though, because the rest of the car was still the stock paint. Only the hood had art on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts