Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the doors are interchangeable between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Tauruses.

I went to the junkyard today and noticed that the doors are similar on a Gen 3 to the Gen 4. I need to replace my passenger side front door and did not find any good enough Gen 4 doors at the JY.

If anyone has tried, or has heard of this being done, please let me know. The insurance company is taking entirely too long to fix my car so I would like to do it myself. :angry:

Thanks in advance for your replies!

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
They are the same with the door panel and interior release handle being the difference. Sables are slightly different, they have a chrome strip around the window.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ Jun 7 2009, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730852
They are the same with the door panel and interior release handle being the difference. Sables are slightly different, they have a chrome strip around the window.[/b]
Thanks for the fast response! ;)

I did notice that the interior panels are different, but not the interior handle. Would I have to change the inside door handle?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (antball54 @ Jun 7 2009, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730853
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ Jun 7 2009, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730852
They are the same with the door panel and interior release handle being the difference. Sables are slightly different, they have a chrome strip around the window.[/b]
Thanks for the fast response! ;)

I did notice that the interior panels are different, but not the interior handle. Would I have to change the inside door handle?
[/b][/quote]
You don't HAVE to, but it would look like crap to have 1 odd handle out of four. Just drill the rivets on the handle and reattach using small bolts/nuts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some trim panel clips and holes will not line up, or some screw holes will be different. Be aware of this, change the interior handle, check the wiring, and be aware that door lock actuators can be different. (remote mounted units and integrated w/latch units) There are other minor differences, but the basic door is, more or less, the same Really not bad at all.

benny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts