Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know I changed the intake on my gen 2 sho. Well, ever since I have been having issues (thinking i have rod knock, etc.). I will be putting my old intake back on as I never had any problems with it but I will be repainting it. I am looking at doing the runners in chrome but would like some ideas as to what I should do the rest of the intake. BTW the new intake is causing me to have a lean condition and I cant figure out for the life of me where the leak is at. Everything has been tightened down good. One big issue i have is that on this intake it seems like some bolts were stripped. Anyways, the guy I got it from said he would take it back but I will need to paint my old intake and need some ideas.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
Do something no one else has ever done - PLAID. :D

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
I say do the center runners the grey the one you put on it and what you have in blue do body color. It will stand out without being OMFG!!! standing out. I'm just not a fan of the mixed up colors.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Check the crossover tube, and all the rubber coupling connections. If you still have stock couplings, I'd suggest get new ones. Mine were falling apart when I got it, I went with the silicone ones from SHO source.

I did somehow forget to tighten down the crossover tube, which caused a nasty hidden vacuum leak.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check the crossover tube, and all the rubber coupling connections. If you still have stock couplings, I'd suggest get new ones. Mine were falling apart when I got it, I went with the silicone ones from SHO source.

I did somehow forget to tighten down the crossover tube, which caused a nasty hidden vacuum leak.

I ordered new gaskets last night. The ones I had were bent and some torn spots but nobody carries these gaskets without ordering them so I had to use them. Looks like I will be replacing the bad gaskets this weekend. I tried using rtv sealant with the ones that were damaged but it may not have worked. Im about 90% sure thats the problem now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
bittyboy3
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing