Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed all my background instrument lighting to blue. But the PRNDD1 portion still lights up like a sort of green color. When I took out the cluster and removed the tachs off it, I removed all the green hue or paint from the backs and reattached them. I believe thats how it is with the PRNDD1 also. But how do I safely extract it and re-install it so I can remove the green hue on the back so it lights up blue also? Or if there is no green hue on the back of the PRNDD1 as there were with the tachs, how do I fix this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
There are two screws below the speedometer that hold the prindle in. Remove the screws and the prindle slides down and out. Then you can remove the coating on it.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
If I remember correctly when I had the Mercury Sable and when put blue LEDs bulbs there was a bulb in the PRND1 area if I'm not mistaken. Somehow I didn't remove the green hue and it always lighted up blue and there should be a picture in my Garage.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It's because '92-99 models have a blue filter behind the gauges while '86-'91 and '00-07 have a green filter. The yellow incandescent bulbs shining through a blue filter will generate a green light. A blue LED shining through a blue filter will make a blue light.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How many bulbs (and what type) are neededin a cluster? I plan to change a dead bulb soon and thought I might change them all since I will have it open.

·
Registered
294 Posts
how the hell did u remove the green tint? i have had this issue for so long. i put blue bulbs in and it lights up a crappy blue green color. u removed the tachs? isnt it all one piece but the gauges are stick on? im confused as to what you mean by "i removed the tachs and took the green paint off the back". the way i would describe it is, there are 3 gauges, gas/temp, speedo, rpm. if thats what you mean by tach, then we are on the same page. now as you how you removed them and took "paint" off the back? i am confused. what did you remove? im pretty sure the gauges are just stickers that peel off that have a green tint to them. at least thats how shosource described it to me when considering their gauges with different tint colors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.