Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, New to all this fun but really excited!

I am trying to buy a Interment Cluster Socket, that holds the 37 lamp. The Check engine light would not turn on to pass safety and emissions so i took the dash apart and found that the previous owner took the whole thing out. I have the bulbs but not the socket, and nobody (i.e. Checker, Auto Zone, Pep Boys...) don't carry it. if anyone knows where I can get one. that would really help me out.

Thanks for the help!

- Doose :blink:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Welcome to the site B) Head over to your local junkyard/pick n pull and <strike>pocket</strike> buy one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi, New to all this fun but really excited!

I am trying to buy a Interment Cluster Socket, that holds the 37 lamp. The Check engine light would not turn on to pass safety and emissions so i took the dash apart and found that the previous owner took the whole thing out. I have the bulbs but not the socket, and nobody (i.e. Checker, Auto Zone, Pep Boys...) don't carry it. if anyone knows where I can get one. that would really help me out.

Thanks for the help!

- Doose :blink:
[/b]
Yea, your best bet is the junkyard. I have about 12 sockets but they are for a 194 lamp. I think those bulbs were used for the years of 1990 - 1995.

·
Registered
147 Posts
iirc all the bulbs in the Gen 3 cluster are 194's also
[/b]
Oh.......Then I have some form a 93 Sable cluster. I also saw them at O'Reilly Auto Parts. It may be a local chain. The dealer would have some also, but be sure to have $$$.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site B) Head over to your local junkyard/pick n pull and <strike>pocket</strike> buy one.
[/b]

Thanks for the Help got some from pick N pull and it didn't cost anything... plus I found a quarter so I made money!

·
Super Moderator
8,228 Posts
Gotta love geting small parts like that at the JY for free.

BTW, welcome to TCCA!

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
iirc all the bulbs in the Gen 3 cluster are 194's also
[/b]

The general illumination ones are 194. The warning lights are the smaller ones, # 74.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts