Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... so. this is the second time i have changed the bulbs. I wanted to go from green to blue. so i bought blue led's with one led per bulb. they were extremely dim, I dont know why because i have the same bulb in my glove box, but its way brighter in there. and also, where the mileage is, is completely blue, which is fine, but its at full brightness, but behind the gauges, its ridiculously dim. AND ALSO, it was a mixture of blue and green, which makes no sense, considering i replaced all 5 illumination bulbs with blue. NOW today, i got in the mail, brighter led's consisting of 4 led's per bulb. I have these in my reverse lights, but white. theyre ridiculously bright in the reverse lights, but in my dash, still dim. not as dim as the singles, but dim. and now its way more noticeable that the color is not straight blue, but blue green mixed and it seems to be spotted green in areas, and more blue in others. And also the mileage lights up blue like it should, the color of the bulbs i put in, but the gauges still have a poor backlight situation.

somebody please help! i have seen pictures of people who have successfully completed this in these forums before, but now that i need it, i cant find it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. so... ive already looked through those, and none of those explain why the lights arent straight blue like they come out in the wiki page. mine are mixed blue and green and dim. its like the gauge face has tint where the numbers are that doesnt allow the light to fully come through. but it doesnt make sense cuz the stock green ones are not as bright as 4 leds on one bulb. at all.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The stock lights are not green. They're yellow. Actually, the bulbs have clear glass, it's just the natural glow of an incandescent light. There is green tint behind the numbers. In the write-up, the author has a '96-'99 model. Those cars have a blue filter behind the numbers (which become teal-ish combined with the light bulb's yellowish glow). 2000 and newer have a distinct green filter.

Here's the difference in color as G1s and G2 used the same blue and green filters:

To remove the green tint, use nail polish remover on the back of the gauges.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Blue Leds + Sho source gauges = win

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.