Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I started installing my Viper 160XV, which is remote start and keyless entry. I have the installation manual here, but I have a couple of questions I was hoping that Brad or somebody else could answer.

1. I found a wiring diagram that says the power locks are located at the Generic Electronic Module (GEM), which is left of the steering column. Is the GEM all the wires under the fuse panel?
2. On page 14 (of 44) in the manual, there's a wire for "remote start activation input". What does this wire do, and what do I connect it to?
3. I have the PATS bypass module (DEI 555F), but the instructions don't tell me what wires to use to connect it with the rest of the system. Anybody know what to connect it to?

I wanna get this done tomorrow night if possible, so any help I can get I appreciate.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I've been working on this thing, and I've got most of it figured out. I was able to answer two of my last questions by several, several efforts of guess and check.

2. The "remote start activation input" is just a wire that can be connected to a switch in the car to start it. Once the wire is grounded the set number of times, the car starts w/o using the key.
3. I connected the negative wire of the bypass to the "status/defogger output".

The only thing I need is to find the GEM so I can do the keyless entry, so if anyone could tell me where it is, I would be most appreciative.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it! Thanks Brad.

I've got the keyless entry hooked up now. The part that messed me up was that the diagrams told me to use a pink/yellow wire for lock. Well, I can tell you that the pink/yellow wire at the GEM isn't for locking the doors, it's for turning on the wipers :p The lock wire is actually pink/orange, and it's right next to the pink/green unlock wire.

I've noticed now that the doors don't unlock in progression when I use the Viper remote, just all at once. Where's the wire that unlocks just the driver's door located and what color is it? Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts