Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where to put the cables at.... I know there is a headlight fuse under the dash and at the front of the hood but something that is hanging from my hood can't be put at the front of my engine bay... So where would I install these.. For all you people who have already done it.. And I want the lights to come on with the parking lights since I already have a green front end of turn signals figure y not just make the fluid sprayers green as well

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also while I'm on the topic of my sprayers anybody know how to remove the whole windshield spraying system since mine doesn't work anyways my reservour is broken figured y not just take it out... What I dont get off in my weekly wash and wax a little water wouldn't hurt at the gas station?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ran the wiring down the hose for the washer fluid. Get some small split loom or spiral loom to make the install look good. I really do not recommend hooking them up to the marker lights. Here's why: They are illegal! If they aren't white then they can't face the front of the car. However, the cop would have to be a big [email protected]#head to give you a ticket for that but I wouldn't put it past them. Red and blue are also big no-nos on the front (I have/had blue)!

Derek

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spunk Snake eyes are what you can resplace your windshield sprayer and it has lights on it...

D sellers ... I dont want to hook up to a marker.. I just want it to come on when I hook it up to my parking lights.... So whenever my parking lights come on I want these to come on.... They will not flash.... But while your talking about illegal the whole front end of my car is illegal my front parking lights are green and side markers are green... But Lubbock cops dont seem to care... So it makes me happy...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by Speedy
I just want it to come on when I hook it up to my parking lights.... So whenever my parking lights come on I want these to come on....
That's easy. Just simply run the wire down to your marker light and tap into the wires. Just be sure you get the polarity right. Perfect use for a multimeter.

Derek

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I hate to rag on someone's decision to put something on their car, but are you sure you want those? It seems to be a little too :rice: ...

JR

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Godspunk, I don't personally like them either, but let him do what he wants to it.

as far as the snakeeyes, connect only the hot side of the LEDs to the parking lights. the ground side needs to go to the frame. if you tie that into the parking light ground, you WILL blow out the LEDs (leeaerned that one personally installing them for a friend). I just spliced the hot line right into the eparking light power supply.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys but I'm all about the rice... I have a kawasaki Ninja and I'm looking to get either a Honda S2000 or a Subaru STi once I get outta college, but my tauri is mine for right now, and I'm trying to learn everything I can and do everything I can on a limited budget...

But back to topic... Should I splice into the cables at the fuses at the front of my car or under my steering wheel?.... Or should I just find the wire the connects to my parking lights? And put a splitter in there?

·
Registered
114 Posts
For me it has always been easier to split off of the parking lamps instead of pulling wires under the dash. I used a couple of relays from radio shack to get my neon to come on when my parking lights or interior lights are on and I just spliced off of the parking lights and the courtesy lamp under the dash. It was all a bunch easier to reach than the switch, the parking lamps are near the battery where I am getting power anyways, and the courtesy lamp is near my switch to turn my neon off so its not like I was running tons of extra wire anyways. I dont think cyber eyes are that rice, hey at least he doesnt want to put a huge aluminum wing made by APC on his bull. I think a few lights, within reason, add a bunch of character to our otherwise cookie cutter cars. I mean its not any flashier than custom wheels. As long as he isnt looking to put so much light on the front that every driver within a mile is blind just so he can impress a high school girl, then I say put your lights on.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Ive had them on my car for about 2 years now. I used to have blue, but after a reaming by a Boston cop I took them off. Luckily I didnt get a ticket.

I switched to white and it looks pretty good. Teh BoB can vouch for that...... :D

-Damon

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have been thinking of getting a pair of chrome ones for my hood. The black windshield washer fluid sprayers just dont look right on a silver hood, they just sort of stick out now. Has anyone gotten a pair with a different spray pattern than stock? I don't want to be watering other people's vehicles as I drive by.

--FS20 B)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32
I have been thinking of getting a pair of chrome ones for my hood.  The black windshield washer fluid sprayers just dont look right on a silver hood, they just sort of stick out now.  Has anyone gotten a pair with a different spray pattern than stock?  I don't want to be watering other people's vehicles as I drive by.

--FS20  B)
I have/had a cheap pair from AutoZone. Each one has two sprayers (holes). They can be adjusted by taking a needle and positioning to the angle you want. When I first hooked mine up, they would shot over top of the roof...

For any kind of lighting that is not stock, I recommend some sort of toggle switch so you can turn them off when needed. When I had my underbody lights on I got approached by an MP (military police) while parked. He just simply asked if I was able to turn them off when I start driving. I flipped the switch off and he was like 'Okay. Cool. Just checking.' and walked off. (On Fort Hood, even while parked, you have to obey the rules as if you were driving. No unauthorized lights, loud music, etc. Parking lots are considered public road whereas everywhere else is considered private property.)

Derek

1 - 14 of 14 Posts