Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install a tranny cooler on my Gen3 wagon. I have been told to install it on the front of the A/C Condenser at the front of the radiator, but how do I get to it. Do I have to remove the entire front end of the car or the radiator and fans??? Is there an access panel below the front end which would allow me to get in front of the A/C Condenser????

I plan on plumbing it directly without going through the radiator.

I just purchased this car from the original owner who took meticulous care of it and always had the transmission fluid changed every 30-40,000 with filter and at 89,000 miles had the transmission flushed. The car now has 114,000 miles on it. During this next change can I safely go to Synthetic ATF??????

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That article is good. and that installation is good too.. but not easy.

I put mine in the valance panel... in series with the stock tranny cooler tube...
the center of the valance panel is had just enough space.
and there are openening in the center for good direct air flow..

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Dear god, wear a pair of leather gloves when you do this. PLEASE. You'll kill your hands on the AC condensor otherwise, no matter HOW careful you are. That thing is nas-tay

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
So I am not the only one who looked like they got into a fight with a cat from the radiator fins?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Apr 6 2004, 09:19 PM
So I am not the only one who looked like they got into a fight with a cat from the radiator fins?
Man, I would be glad to call it a fight with a cat. When I got done, it looked more like I tried to fondle a weedwacker

Stupid large hands...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hehehehehehe.... Cats and weed-wackers... Hehehehehehe....

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts

Easy to install and service. The removed heat is also not added to the radiator or A/C condensor as it goes under the car.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Originally posted by SHOZ123@Apr 8 2004, 08:46 PM

Easy to install and service. The removed heat is also not added to the radiator or A/C condensor as it goes under the car.
I'm also putting a cooler on, before the trip out to RotB. I like that idea for keeping the heat away from the condensor and radiator, but it seems I'm always pulling that panel off the car to get at something.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Fluid flows to the radiator out to the OEM Aux cooler and back to the tranny.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
If you're looking for drama you will have to ask someone else.....

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by SHOZ123@Apr 9 2004, 07:30 PM
If you're looking for drama you will have to ask someone else.....
One of these days Paul is gonna post "OMFG!!1! I was like racing the SHO when all of sudden my girlfriend calls on the cell phone so I pick it up and wrecked!! I'm so distraught
"

[/thread hijack]

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I'll have to tell you the story of Lucky the three legged dog sometime.......

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I read this article the other day and I thought "man these guys need to get some skills". I also read the weed whacker and cat attack stuff.

Well today I went to put my old cooler on the 99 I just bought and jacked around with it for 30 minutes and couldn't get any of the fasteners thru.

I came back and read the how to again and went out and did everything and back together in just about an hour.

so Zack

:thanks:

I have to go now as the blood from my hands is starting to coagulate on the keyboard and the keys are sticking

Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts