Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to install a alpine 7892 deck and integrate into my mach stereo system, and electronic A/C controls.. Using the method on brads old project sho, other than running new cables from the wiring harness to all the speakers, what else will I need to know.. I'm expecting roughly a 2 to 4 hour install time.. Mainly for running the new cables.. Does this sound good,

If anybody has a diagram of anything that I havn't set out plz post..

Thx,
Speedy..

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
You're going to need to tap into power, constant, and ground lines to power your deck. You're also going to need to run an antenna adapter to trunk. I would bump that time up to 4 hours minimum of work too.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
The power and ground are no problem, but the constant might be a b!tch. Make sure you tap into the correct ignition wire!

JR

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by golovko@Aug 19 2004, 07:38 AM
You're also going to need to run an antenna adapter to trunk. I would bump that time up to 4 hours minimum of work too.
well this is not nessasary because my car doesn't quite have an antenna, so I was going to get XM and just plug the back hole that has been there for who knows how long..

where would I find the constant around...cause I was just going to unplug the wires from the back of the existing radio.. Well anywho, I will figure it out when I get my fiber all made..

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Fiber? If I get a chance this weekend, I'll pull off my radio and check which wire the constant is. I'll try to get it done saturday.

JR

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
well this is not nessasary because my car doesn't quite have an antenna, so I was going to get XM and just plug the back hole that has been there for who knows how long..
Even better, but I thought I'd mention that just in case.

where would I find the constant around...cause I was just going to unplug the wires from the back of the existing radio..  Well anywho, I will figure it out when I get my fiber all made..
Use a dmm and test the wires in the harness, but I believe the constant is red and yellow IIRC, don't quote me on that tho.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Yellow is usually the aftermarket standard for constant, as red is + and black is -. Ford, however, doesn't always stick to standards, as is the case with trans pans being reused on different transmissions. It's probably a striped wire.

JR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts