Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone - Finished the install today. Very pleased with everything. Totally clean install - You can't see any evidence of the install except for the antenna of course. UNIT: Audiovox SRSIR-001 FMR

I had some concerns about finding appropriate power near the RCU, but wasn't a problem at all. Only challenge was installing the controller. I wanted to keep it in the center console (I don't like the look of add-on stereo equipment - That's one of the reasons I chose this particular unit) and had a hell of a time running the DIN cable from the center concole to the trunk. Had to pull the rear seat out & muster all my patience to get the wire run under the carpet.

The sound is great! I'm using the FM Modulator but only temporarily until I order an Auxiliary Input Converter. The AIC converts the CD Changer port of your factory or after-market radio to an auxiliary audio input with line level RCA jacks so the signal runs straight in to the stereo from the satellite turner. What's the use of having a digital signal that you're running in to a tuner.

If you've been thinking about satellite, this is a really good time to do this. It's also a good time if you're looking at cd changers. Why??

Kenwood makes a KENWOOD Satellite System that will easily hook in to our existing trunk RCU. Either use the FM modulator or an AIC if you want the best sound.

Here's the best part!!!!! You can patch in any Kenwood CD Changer or Music Keg right in to the unit. You control not only the satellite stations but the CD changer as well.

How much does this cost? At Circuit City it was selling for $49.00... But it's even better! It doesn't matter if you buy it from CC or anywhere because you get it free if you buy an antenna (About $49.00). This is not a mail in rebate. It happens when they ring it up. I don't know how long this deal will be going on though.

My Audiovox unit with everything needed to install (except for an antenna adaptor) was $59.95 and the antenna was $49. I walked out of the store with both for $53 tax included.

If the deal doesn't come up when they ring it up, ask them to double check. The guy I was working with didn't know and the first time it rang up for ~$103.00

As far as I know, this works for any Sirius tuner and any antenna (Terk etc)

PM me or reply to post if you want to know more about the install and so forth.

It's a beautiful time to be alive my friends . . . .

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got scammed by an online electronics company a week or so ago. Bought an Olympus Stylus 4MP from a company that never delivered. Seems like they scammed a lot of people with two different sites that took the money but didn't deliver on the goods. I've filed a complaint with the FBI Cybercrimes division, & AMEX won't make me pay, but my card won't get credited until the next billing cycle. When I get the credit, I'm buying a camera (and hopefully won't get defrauded this time)

Long story short, I can't post pix yet, but definitely will once I get a camera.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts