Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im new here. I just found this site today and its great! I wish I would have found it a long time ago. Tons of great info here.
My name is Derek and I have a question. I am a volunteer firefighter and I got a head light flasher to install.It says it is a Ground-Side Switched Headlight Flashers. Will this work with my 98 Taurus. I guess I should have asked this before I got it. oops
Here is the flasher I purchased. Federal Signal headlight flasher model: 656103
Thanks for your help.
Also if anybody has installed something like this and has any tips that would be great. I was looking at the headlights and I need info on the wire colors to each headlight. I tried searching on this site but didnt come up with anything.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hello, Im new here. I just found this site today and its great! I wish I would have found it a long time ago. Tons of great info here.
My name is Derek and I have a question. I am a volunteer firefighter and I got a head light flasher to install.It says it is a Ground-Side Switched Headlight Flashers. Will this work with my 98 Taurus. I guess I should have asked this before I got it. oops
Here is the flasher I purchased. Federal Signal headlight flasher model: 656103
Thanks for your help.
Also if anybody has installed something like this and has any tips that would be great. I was looking at the headlights and I need info on the wire colors to each headlight. I tried searching on this site but didnt come up with anything.
[/b]
Eventhough I don't know the answer, I always thought my Bull would look good as a fire deptartment vehicle :p

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yay for repair manuels!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks for finding that for me.
I just want to make sure Im reading it correctly, the gray,white wire from each light is the high beams?

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
...I am a volunteer firefighter and I got a head light flasher to install.It says it is a Ground-Side Switched Headlight Flashers. Will this work with my 98 Taurus...[/b]
You may get some ideas from this page:http://www.ccomm911.com/Dec2003Vehicles.htm#SFD
They've redone a Gen 4 into a Fire Taurus.

Eventhough I don't know the answer, I always thought my Bull would look good as a fire deptartment vehicle :p[/b]
Some pix I've collected:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Awesome, thanks for finding that for me.
I just want to make sure Im reading it correctly, the gray,white wire from each light is the high beams?
[/b]
Correct.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, you guys rock. Ill try to get some video up after I get it installed, my 244000 mile Taurus isnt the best lookin one around but she is mine and she is paid for.
I also have 2 LED light bars mounted inside the windshield at the top.
I also purchased a used galls siren box, just waiting for it to get shipped to me. Now I just have to figure out a good place to mount it inside...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was unable to get the flasher to install. I blew the high beam fuse a couple of times so I gave up thinking I must have been doing something wrong. I called Federal Signal and spoke with their tech support and the guy there said that the flasher was for the Chevrolet Impala Police Package and would not work on the Taurus... Well that sucks LoL
I dont understand why it wont work on my car. I guess if I knew more about how the lights on my car worked I could probably get it to work.. Time to get a new one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wig Wag headlight help

I am interested in an easy way to convert my stock '14 SEL headlights to flashers or wig-wags. It is a stock SEL but I have it dressed like an interceptor. Any advice? I am willing to install LEDs if that's the way to go, I thought there may be a simple module I could add? Any advice is welcomed as there is a lot of advice here. You all helped my put an interceptor grille on my car!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts