Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 taurus lx so the insides all look the same but my instrament cluster it only goes to 85 i think i want the sho version that goes past 100mph. so question: Is it possible without a ton of swapping wires ect :homer:eek:r can i just plug'n'play?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Plug and play.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Like he said, completely plug and play.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so the speedometer is calibrated internally. i dont need to swap gears in the transmission for it to be right? after i pull my speedometer how do i put a different face on it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey -

I did exactly this swap about three days ago. It's a pain, but it's completely plug and play: absolutely everything works.

There are a couple of things to be aware of: if you have a column shift, you need to remove the blanking plate at the base of the sho cluster and cut out where the illumination bulb for the gear selector needs to be. The connections are there.

At every stage, BE CAREFUL of damaging the cluster: one good knock on the needles, and you're done.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, and you asked about putting a new face on the speedometer....why? Just swap the whole cluster, don't bother swapping faces/instruments.
i want to have both a high speed limit number and i want a different color i found orange ones just a second ago on ebay. that way i can have orange gauges.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how do i reset the milage on the sho guage so its the same as the stock unit?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i hope they will. i will be getting one this coming friday if i can find one, yeah, payday.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i found a 95 winstar and swaped the speedometer out of it and in to mine. $5 for just the gauge and 50 for the cluster so i just got the gauge.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts