Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was it that stuck a piece of wood behind the trunk carpeting and mounted their amp to the inside wheel fender?

JR? Daniel?

Whoever it was, can i possibly get a few pictures? Ive been throwing that idea around for my new setup.

TIA
Sean

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must have been JR.
Thanks anyway Daniel.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I was going to do this too, but the carpet seemed kinda flimsy on my gen4. I did it on my yukon though, brag:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good man!!
:thumb:

I did get a response from JR (godspunk32). He mounted some wood behind the carpet to the fender, then the amp to the wood.

I'm gonna use the same idea, but with an amp and a cap. Amp will be closer to the rear for adjustables, and the cap. display will shine through the 40% fold into the cabin.

Basically, what I did was pull the fender liner off, then use a 1"x8" piece of wood, and some wood screws, screwed right through the fender liner. I ran all my wiring behind the fender liner, then used a razor to make a small X cut to poke the wiring through.[/b]
Here are a couple pictures of JR's:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
All my stuff is mounted on the inner fender and the cover is over it so you can't see.

When I had it done I did it that way because I stayed in a lot of motels and didn't want anyone to see anything but a stock taurus faceplate.

My sub amp and xm and aux input are back there. My speaker amp is under the passenger front seat.

Pics were on my external HD that crashed the other day

Mike
B)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I've seen yours Mike.
I'm gonna be using bits and pieces of your layout too.

:ph34r:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Holy ****. I just noticed you totally cloned Jarrod's....everything. :lol:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
i just mounted my new amp in the corner behind the RCU

all i did was cut a piece of plywood and screw it down then screwed the amp down and trimmed the side panle....it works good with my amp because i have to take the cover off to connect all the wires so it just looks better

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<div class='quotemain'>
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=679171

Oh, and Mark, I'm rebuilding my stereo set up like you are. I'll have pictures and details when its all finished.
:ph34r:
[/b]
Ooh wicked. :D

I'm rebuilding my stereo? :confused: I know I'm whoring my way through enclosures, though.
[/b][/quote]
Okay sorry not rebuilding it. I have a new enclosure also lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts