Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to expand on my thread in the NAIAS thread.

I was driving and luckily was off the freeway when this happened. My Inner tie rod came undone.

After investigating and having the part off the car, I notice the the roll pin that i hammered in when i installed it, had worked its way loose. What should I do about this? I mean clearly hammering it back in is going to give me a false sense of security, as if it worked its way out once, after being reinstalled and and hammered in again, its going to be even looser. Should I use some blue or red thread locker on it? I mean I really do not want to be in this situation again, heaven forbid it happen when I am on the highway next time.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
:noes:

That cannot be a good feeling it all.

Did you check all the threads and make sure none of them were damaged?

I'm assuming that this roll pin you're talking about was to help hold the end that threads onto the rack in place, correct? The inner tie rods I put on my car never had any kind of roll pins or set screws or anything like that, and the OEM ones I had pulled off the car didn't have anything either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
zeptoplix
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing