Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested the fuel injectors in my 87 ford taurus vulcan and saw all of them are @12 ohms. I picked up a mitchell maneul and thay state that the resistance should be 16-18 ohms. if this were in fact true would i have all 6 bad injectors? I dont se injectors being bad all at once i got a slight miss in drive not park and hard start when cold and idle serching could this be my culprit?

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
QUOTE (gtx2000 @ Jan 31 2004, 11:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=20398
I tested the fuel injectors in my 87 ford taurus vulcan and saw all of them are @12 ohms. I picked up a mitchell maneul and thay state that the resistance should be 16-18 ohms. if this were in fact true would i have all 6 bad injectors? I dont se injectors being bad all at once i got a slight miss in drive not park and hard start when cold and idle serching could this be my culprit?[/b]

A few questions: how exactly do you test them, and did you ever get an answer or fix your problem?

EDIT: you pull the wire connector off, and check ohms between the only two wires there.
The 4 I could get at had exactly 16.9 Ohms. I couldn't get at cyl. 2 and 3.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Over 5 years old.

You're probably not gonna get an answer from that member since they haven't logged in in 5 years (almost exactly)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts