Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of using a line-out converter to install my Alpine MRP-M450 and JL Audio 12W2 in the Taurus wagon (01). I have the Mach upgrade from DuraSEL. Anybody know how I can expect this to sound?

Also, has anybody ever tried dropping the Infinity REF6830cs directly in place of the factory mids and Mach tweeters? The Mach system wires the mids and tweeters in parallel directly off the RCU, so I'd just drop the remove them, mount the crossover in the door, and wire it up that way. How would that sound? Does the Mach system have nearly enough juice to power the Infinitys?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The Mach system is a 25 wat per channel peak. It will sound good at lower power levels, but if you want to crank out more volume, you will need to upgrade to the JBL unit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Mach system is a 25 wat per channel peak. It will sound good at lower power levels, but if you want to crank out more volume, you will need to upgrade to the JBL unit.
no...if you just upgrade to the JBL unit it will sounds well less bass if you don't have the 6.5 inch sub that comes with it...And you would also need to upgrade the inside to allow more amps to go across the JBL not the stock things.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no...if you just upgrade to the JBL unit it will sounds well less bass if you don't have the 6.5 inch sub that comes with it...And you would also need to upgrade the inside to allow more amps to go across the JBL not the stock things.
JBL unit you say... hmmm............ will it fit an 01?

** EDIT ** I don't mind losing bass - that's what the 12W2 is for :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts