Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen some posts regarding removal of an "induction silencer". Where is it, how do you remove it, and what consequences from removal (if any)?

·
Banned
509 Posts
Huh? Induction?

You Mean the intake silencer?

What year is your car?

There are really no bad things about it.. You get a nice rumble when you floor it, and you get some more air into your engine...

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by wkohler@Dec 23 2003, 01:48 PM
Have seen some posts regarding removal of an "induction silencer".  Where is it, how do you remove it, and what consequences from removal (if any)?
Go to the archive page, then do a search for "intake silencer"... that should give you more than enough info. (Induction=intake.)

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I think the stock gen4's (00-current) have a decent intake, silenced or not. But I would recommend that gen3's and earlier remove it.

Fat Tortoise, do you still have those pics of your stock intake?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"intake", "induction", all the same meaning. Thanks for the replies........will look in the archives.

·
Registered
486 Posts
its easy....

Remove left fron wheel
remove wheel well covers
take out two bolts holding this black rectangular box thing, thats the intake silencer
after bolts are removed, just pull it off

and ur done, takes about 10 minutes, 15 max

oh, and i have an 01 taurus ses just in case you wanted to know if i had the same gen as you. lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks MTH676
Took me about 20 minutes...........one more question.........what's the correct torque for the lug nuts? Don't want to start warping rotors right off the bat.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by wkohler@Dec 24 2003, 10:30 AM
Thanks MTH676
Took me about 20 minutes...........one more question.........what's the correct torque for the lug nuts? Don't want to start warping rotors right off the bat.
85-105 ft-lbs. I always torque mine to 100 all around just b/c it's easy to remember.

·
Registered
486 Posts
personally i just put some anti rust stuff (feel like a moron not remembering the name of it) on em and then tighten them all around till i hear a little click/pop like noise come from them. The you know the lug nuts are tight and have no worries.

Oh, and your welcome. Anything for a fellow member

well, maybe almost anything. lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts