Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you own a decent scan tool capable of checking PIDs and other diagnostic information on your vehicle, and so most or all of your work yourself, then you need to check out D-tips. There information is available by subscription only ($16.95 per month) but is very useful. I have already learned how to interpret the diagnostic information my scan tool records from my Taurus's pcm.
I've only started to explore the info but I haven't found anything like this anywhere. I'm also not being paid to say all this either, I'm just impressed with the site already.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure this is the correct area but I saw a nifty looking scan tool Ultra-Gauge on TV. Checked their web page:
UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool

The claim made by the page says they work on any car from 1996 on. I have a 2001 and a 2002 Taurus SEL with a Duratec engines. One link off the web page shows how many of the codes are accessible? But the page does not seem to work for the 01 or 02 Taurus.
Also, has anyone who has tried one of these would be curious of any opinions.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you own a decent scan tool capable of checking PIDs and other diagnostic information on your vehicle, and so most or all of your work yourself, then you need to check out D-tips. There information is available by subscription only ($16.95 per month) but is very useful. I have already learned how to interpret the diagnostic information my scan tool records from my Taurus's pcm.
I've only started to explore the info but I haven't found anything like this anywhere. I'm also not being paid to say all this either, I'm just impressed with the site already.
$204 per year ('only' $16.95 per month times 12), is in the ballpark what I'm paying my mechanic per year to do it for me and keep my hands clean

·
Registered
203 Posts
That would be cool to have info on the $06 data, but the price per month is pretty steep. Maybe for a mechanic it might be worth it, but for individuals, it really isn't worth it for the off chance you get a failed component.

I actually have a failed $06 component on my Jeep (Chrysler), and checked the site for the TID $11. The free section of the website has it supposedly narrowed down to the O2 system, but I don't know if I believe that. Since the data makes no sense. My scanner says "TID $11 minimum value: 144, value 45 FAILED".

My sensors check out fine with the rest of the scans,

Chrysler is VERY secretive about $06 data, so I don't know if the site can be very accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts