Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cam removal in vehicle?

Can the cam be removed from the Vulcan in a Gen 2 without removing the engine from the bay?

I did a search but could not find any info on this.

Thanks

Adam

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
You would need to remove everything from in front of the engine, fender, inner fender and everything else that might be in front of the cam journal axis. By front of engine, I mean the passenger side of the engine, where the water pump and timing chain cover is.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
You would need to remove everything from in front of the engine, fender, inner fender and everything else that might be in front of the cam journal axis. By front of engine, I mean the passenger side of the engine, where the water pump and timing chain cover is.
Essentially, you would have to remove half of the front clip. :rolleyes2:

Easier to just lift the engine and put it on an engine stand.:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
^^^^^ Yup!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I seem to recall it being possible if you undo the two engine mounts, and lower the driver's side subframe. Then with a jack you'd twist the engine to such an angle that you can remove the cam. But, I think something would break, and you're better off just dropping the whole subframe and doing it the proper way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.