Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
u can check local stereo stores that sell the floor models. u can get great deals on them if u dont mind the fact that everyone and their sister touched it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
How EXTREMELY CHEAP are you talking?

Oh yeah, and what features are you looking for? Alpine has one that is fully automatic. Kenwood has one that is semi-automatic(7 day waiting period
)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I bought my Pioneer deck significantly cheaper than if it were "brand new" by purchasing it refurbished on ebay. Even to this day it looks and works as if it were brand new, and I'm glad I was able to save the money.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Go out in the back yard and grab a big pile of dog s*** and shove it in your dash. If all you are only willing to pay a couple hundred dollars for an in dash monitor, that is all you are going to get. I am sorry to be so blunt, but it is the truth. Why not save some money and get something worth having???

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not in my car offen enought to spend a crapload on this luxcury so as you put it a pile of dog crap would be good enough for the actuall use I would get out of it. I have to balance the use with the cost to some extent.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
if you're not in your car that often what do you need an lcd monitor for?

i agree with 12volt_rep, get something decent quality. keep searching ebay, something will come up - also, search other car audio forum's classifieds, such as sounddomain (i think they have classifieds...)

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
No the point is it is going to cut out all the time and never work properly and you'll be out a couple hundred bucks unless you get something that's actually worth using.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Originally posted by Twilight@Mar 17 2004, 11:59 PM
No the point is it is going to cut out all the time and never work properly and you'll be out a couple hundred bucks unless you get something that's actually worth using.
"Hello nail, I am going to hit you on the head now!!"

Twilight is 150% right in that comment. If you buy some piece if crap now for a couple/few hundred dollars and then have to replace it with another unit that cost the same after it goes bad...where did you save money?? When you buy cheap stuff, as my favorite musician Dave Matthews say, "You pay for what you get". And if you are used to getting what you want, then why not "want" for more money to buy a nicer unit???????????????????

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Originally posted by qaz-@Mar 19 2004, 12:06 PM
Guys if the guy wants to buy something cheap or as you call it "big pile of dog s***" he can buy it.

Here you go my good man:

Door #1 Door #2
Great...links to two piles of dog s***!!! It is not like we went out and started throwing suggestions into the wind, he asked. Not that I support people buying Pioneer off of the net, but here is a MUCH better deal for just a little bit more. The crap you posted didn't even look like it had a tuner built in. You are 100% right, he can buy whatever he wants to, but we are looking out for his best interest. I don't know why, but after 13+ years in this business I feel like I know what I am talking about. You spend twice as much money in the long run to save a little bit now. That is a proven statement. With all that said, have a nice day!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=48609

J

·
0 Posts
I bought a 7 inch LCD (not fold in-dash type, but mounted on the dash in my Gen 3) for 80 bucks shipped on ebay and it was decent quality and I used it all the time for like 4 months and it worked well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts