Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for IMRC box from 96-99 24v. Do you know where is the best place($$) to get new one.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
There is no good place to get a new one. Call a junkyard or two, and you'll save yourself at least $100. I have an IMRC box from a junkyard Duratec in my SHO. $5 is better than $150 anyday.

If you are really hung up on NEW, though, check FordPartsNetwork.com. It's probably not in their catalog, but they should be able to get it for you if you email a request. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 97 sable ls - 3.0L duratec, that needs a new IMRC box..

what other years are compatible with that?

will the sho's work on a sable's duratec as well?

I'll be gettin one from a junk yard hopefully, so I need to know roughly what all is compatible..

thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
I know someone who paid $500 installed for a new IMRC from the dealer. :eek:

Most junkyards will have no idea what it is, just tell them it's a control box and they'll give it to you cheap.

Any gen 3 IMRC should be interchangable.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by nscarnati@Apr 25 2005, 05:11 PM
I have a 97 sable ls - 3.0L duratec, that needs a new IMRC box..

what other years are compatible with that?

will the sho's work on a sable's duratec as well?

I'll be gettin one from a junk yard hopefully, so I need to know roughly what all is compatible..

thanks!
The Duratec's IMRC is compatible in the V8SHO engine w/ some minor fitment issues (easily fixed) but I can't say for sure that the V8SHO's IMRC will work in the Duratec, since the mounting points are different.

The chances of you finding a V8SHO in a junkyard w/ a working IMRC is about 1/10000, so it's really a moot point. The IMRC from any Duratec in a Taurus or Sable will work on your car, though. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the quick replys..

yeah i figured I won't find any SHO's, but wanted to check anyways, becuase with my ****** luck, they'll have no taurus and 5 SHO's sitting there, so I wanted to cover all possibilities..

3rd gen duratec's are 96-99? correct?

one more question... once I get to a junkyard, how hard is it to get it off the engine? Do I have to remove the guts of it to get to the mounting screws/bolts, or are they all outside the box? (I'm at work now so I can't really rip it open to check)

thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
4 Bolts to take the box off the valve cover...

The trciky part is unclipping the clip from the seconadaries arm...be carefuly because you can break the clip...rendering everything pretty much useless....

Anyone that has bad IMRC boxes and wants to get rid of them, contact me.
I am going to look into refurbing these as I have been through 3 of them myself (all junk yard units)
</span>

<span style=\'color:green\'>I will resell these for probably $40 a pop if I can, I will give those who donated there old boxes a discount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts