Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.....once again, thanks to my mom being spastic about the trip/incident last year......you know I'm flying and renting a car.

Well....Thanksgiving is, of course, the 27th, and that Saturday, the 29th, happens to be my birthday. My birthday falls right on the crack of Thanksgiving's ass every so often, and this year, I figured I would be good to myself, and rent a nice ride. Decided it HAD to be a Cadillac. So, back in June, when my overprotective Mommy Dearest bought the plane ticket, I went rental Cadillac hunting. Enterprise seemed to be the way to go, at $447 for the week. So cool, right? I reserve the Caddy. This was on June 6th.

Well, sometime in August, I get a ring from Enterprise. Seems there's been some sort of mistake. They have managed to overbook the Cadillacs, and would I be willing to step down one car class for a nice discount? That would mean I would be driving a Nissan Maxima. They tell me $320 for the week, and on the surface, it seems like a nice savings. I agree to it, and they fax me a new reservation.

Of course, between then and now, Enterprise just starts flooding me with email coupons. Free upgrade, 50% off weekends, all this **** right? I start looking at my paperwork, and the Nissan is considered a "Premium" car. Well, none of these coupons cover a Premium class car. So I finally say to myself, well, they put me out, I lost the Cadillac, maybe I can swing a deal with them.

I call them up, and they are just like, nope, won't do anything better. As we are discussing it, I went to the Enterprise website, and $320 a week is what a Maxima normally goes for. Hey, I thought I was supposed to get a discount here, a substantial discount for being put out, and not being able to pay unholy money for the Cadillac I wanted to burn the tires off of.

So, I cancelled the reservation, told them to blow me. Real smart move, 3 days before a trip, right? Turns out it was. I got on Orbitz, and was checking around, and Hertz offered a Ford Crown Victoria for $242 a week. Sold! I reserved the Crown Vic, also considered a Premium car at Hertz, for $78 less than the Maxi-pad.

Just as an interesting aside, I checked Enterprise's site a little later in the afternoon, and the price of the Maxima was one dollar higher than Hertz' price for the Crown Victoria. That really pissed me off. If they had knocked 50 bucks off the rental price of that Maxima, I would have been happier than a pig in ****, and not bothered looking around, and they'd have still made extra!

78 bucks made me want to dance atop my desk. Of course, the owner of the company walked in while I was doing pelvic thrusts at the fax machine, which of course required explanation, but he said he'd probably have done the same thing, thrusts and all.

Zorin

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Make Mark or Rudy give you their car

Mike
:thumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
About six months ago I rented a 2008 Cadillac CTS from Enterprise for the weekend. I think it cost me about $130 or so from Friday till Monday.

This enterprise store was located inside the service dept. of a Cadillac dealer here. The guy gave me a discounted rate as if my car was in the shop.

You can't go wrong with a Crown Vic! :ford:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he's got use of mine if he needs it, he knows that.
[/b]
Dude....you guys are too cool.

Don't worry......why don't we wear out Zorin's nice rental car?

V-8's are......yeah.

Zorin

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I got upgraded, of sorts.....

When I did all my checking in this morning, Hertz informed me that I now have a Grand Marquis.

Is that eerie or what? Renting the same car you own?

Zorin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts