Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a feeling that i posted in the wrong tread, so take it easy on me.
well i have a 91 sable gs, invested alot of money into it.
has a 3.8 that had first came with a axod.
when i first got the car the engine was new i guess the prevous owner really blew the haed's out, cause they used some old part's like the egr sensor, which is pretty melted so i replaced it.
then the tranny went out, the machanic told me that the drive plate was worn(which i knew and since i could'nt do it myself i had to take it to the shop.)
then he say's some bs like first gear was worn, and whoever worked the the tranny before the t/c was welded, so he had to put in another one.
which set me back to about $1,600, now this is a different one, copared to the axod, it said, sho-axode.
which i thought was weird, but i would bump into gear, or when you floored it it would slam into the next one.
i had to take it back like five time's he was saying oh i gotta reprogram the computer.
then after the warranty was up, it was starting to act out again, this time it was fluid, and still leaks fluid.
well the paint is good for a ford, since they're known to really rust but it's only a lil' rust around the bottom of the door's.
and it has 15 inch chrome rim's(nothing really, giving it a lil' taste)
and sound's.
i'm glad i have the 3.8 baby is powerful for 140h/p but i think what get's it up is the 215lbs of torque.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Welcome to the club!! We have alot of fun here. If there are two things as a member that I could share with you about the club it would be this......... If you ever think of a question, type it in "search" located at the top of the page. Somebody probably already asked it prior to you. Also, find out what region you are a part of and who the president and vice-president are . You need to know that for events and rallies. Welcome!!

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
:withstupid: on the finding out what chapter you would be a member in and meeting the other members. Good way to start to get to know the other members. Welcome to the :tcca: , hope you enjoy it here.

G

·
:withstupid: :withstupid: Hopefully you're in Cali. Cause WCTCCA could use a new member! Welcome to the TCCA, hopefully we can show you a couple of things here...

SableSal

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank's and nope i'm in chicago.
to be honest i never seen a 86-91 sable hooked up, i like the 3.8 engine it's powerful.
i'm glad i've never had any headgasket problem's, and i'm glad too!
i found this site, right when i giving it too my mom, since she love's it.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Welcome! Sucks that you've got some trans issues, but I guess that's part of the Taurus experience! I'll still love my car even if the trans blows up, it's so comfy and nice. Since you mentioned the trans was a sho-axod, that makes me wonder if it could possibly be the trans out of the higher performance Taurus SHO? Maybe that's why it's causing you problems, because it's the wrong one? But I don't know, I'm just guessing!

I've got the 3.8 too, and I also love it. I had to replace the headgaskets on the car when I bought it, so I got the car for a steal and did the repairs myself.

If you can, post some pictures of your car!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no,.. no,... the tranny before that.
this one i like.
and knock on wood it won't have any tranny or h/g problem's.
if it did come out of the sho i'm glad cause the tranny is programmed to handle the yamaha engine hp, compared to 140hp.
trust me when i drive her i drive her.
i brake torqued, peeled out, n-dropped.
with the old trans i did that and fluid spilled out between the engine and t/c.
i was scared shitless.
i did it with this one(raced a maxima)
nothing.
ford used thier brain's on certain car's.
but on other cars i dunno what the hell they were thinking, no ofense guy's and gals.
pleanty of this was replaced on this car.
so my mom basically has a new car. . . . ..

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
So where in Chicago are you from? If you don't mind me asking? I used to live in the NW suburbs up there (folks still do), my sister and brother-in-law lives downtown and i know there are several members in the chicagoland area.

G

·
Originally posted by sable-gs@Jul 28 2004, 10:54 PM
no,.. no,... the tranny before that.
this one i like.
and knock on wood it won't have any tranny or h/g problem's.
if it did come out of the sho i'm glad cause the tranny is programmed to handle the yamaha engine hp, compared to 140hp.
trust me when i drive her i drive her.
i brake torqued, peeled out, n-dropped.
with the old trans i did that and fluid spilled out between the engine and t/c.
i was scared shitless.
i did it with this one(raced a maxima)
nothing.
ford used thier brain's on certain car's.
but on other cars i dunno what the hell they were thinking, no ofense guy's and gals.
pleanty of this was replaced on this car.
so my mom basically has a new car. . . . ..
Welcome to the club! B)

I'd take it easy with the neutral bombing... :blink: Taurus tranny's aren't the greatest to stand up to things like that. :)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by sable-gs@Aug 1 2004, 08:58 PM
around northa avenue.
your sable kinda look's familar.
sorry for the delay, was out of town at a funeral since friday w/ no internet. Its doubtful you have seen my sable unless you hang around Lafayette In since i have been living down here since i bought it. Well, that or you venture out into the NW burbs (Prospect Hts, Wheeling, Arlington Hts, Mt Prospect...) on one of the ocassions when i happen to be visiting my folks. Usually i just bum a ride w/ my folks when we go down town to visit my sister so my sable doesn't usually enter chicago city limits. IIRC she used to live in wrigleyville and just moved in the last year to somehwere on belmont close to the lake.

Well since you are in the midwest check out: Midwest Chapter Forum

Also get in touch w/ silvapain and Xmann01 since they are putting together a meet the weekend of the air and water show up there if you are interested in going.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts