Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

I'm Getting Flowmasters, What Type Do I Need...

1410 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  NateNBeckie
I've decided to get new mufflers for my car. I'm looking at Flowmaster 40's as they seem to be the cheapest. What size is the inlet pipe and what side do I need the inlet pipe on? Anyone suggest a different brand? I've seen the flowmasters go pretty cheap on ebay, 20-40 bucks a peice. I'm also looking at replacing the resonator with a Cherry bomb, what are the dimensions for that?
1 - 1 of 12 Posts
I got my Flowmaster on my Duratec this weekend. I ended up going out and buying a new adapter because of the stock pipe size. I got the muffler from my brother in-law and he had it on an old Ford 360. It had 2 1/2" pipe so I needed a 2" to 2 1/2" adapter. Funny thing was 2" I.D. was too big so I had to run out and buy a 2" O.D. That was a little too small so I had to stretch it a little. I also put a glass packed resonator tip on it. It is a little louder than I expected, but it still sounds pretty good. It sounds good enough that his wife wants one on her Passat. I'm not sure what model Flowmaster it is but my brother in-law thinks it's a 40. I think the tip has something to do with it. I definately can tell that the car is breathing better and my wife noticed it too. It's running better all around throughout the whole RPM range.

I will get some sounds posted as soon as I can.

See less See more
1 - 1 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.