Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 taurus 3.8 with ton off crap done to it check the car off the month

but my real concear is since i had thsi car the brake pedal was never firm so then my journey began

replaced the front 2 caliper once

then decided to go stainless on all 4 corner and yet weird pedal feel

so decided to go from drum to disk vented

and yet still weird

then got some gt caliper in the front and stilll....

then new master and yet .......

only part left is the booster or a ihave a bad master ?

plz help me here i hate this braking feeling

i want this pedal to be hard not mushy

:angryfire:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The brake pedal in the Taurus has always been a bit on the mushy side. Both my Taurus and Sable have similar pedal feel despite one having rear disks and the other having rear drums.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one day it mushy and going a bit too far down and then when like tody the pedal is hard like a rock ?

and sho have the same brake in 94 and yet my firne dpedal with no update the pedal is hard >

and worst my 87 had drum and nothing done to it and boy the brake pedal was so hard that i could hit no nose on the steering wheel just by pressing a smal tab on the pedal

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mc ?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh lol no a rebuilted one

sionce new one hard too much $$$

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah but i guess ill get and other elsewhere when the 1 is bad the second might be lol and it was cheap

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah bled 4 time complete with new fluid

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Vacuum leaks? It could possibly be the booster if no leaks are found, that would explain the hard pedal right after braking (vacuum loss). Mushy brake pedals are normal in these cars (even mine), but not hard pedals, or pedals going to the floor.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
never had any leak ?

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
All I can say is that's the way it is. Leave it or replace EVERYTHING AGAIN. You've compared this car and it's braking to every other car you've had, to mine, and to a few others' cars. Every car is different, period!! Sorry, but seiously, you've done EVERYTHING to it at least once, you've either done something WRONG, or, THERE'S SIMPLY NOTHING WRONG WITH IT AND IT'S JUST THAT WAY.

Don't be offended, or get pissed, at least I didn't call you a fu ckin MORON, LOL.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow so nice and gentle from your part

unless the booster brake is defective only part never replaced

or bad master :?

ill maybe do the master since it simplest lol

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
yeah but i guess ill get and other elsewhere when the 1 is bad the second might be lol and it was cheap
[/b]
Sounds like a cracked MC. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah maybe ill get one at a scrap yard wich is working lol but i can only get my 93 95 brake master or i could maybe get somethign better ?

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Mine is mushy but firm. Try explaing that.

When I drive a newer vehicle I always lock up the brakes try to stop. When I drove the 2008 focus for a few days last year I had the ABS going every time I tried to stop.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
A lot of the brake feel is also the pads. If you have cheap organic pads then there is little bite. Whereas some more aggressive metallic pads will really grab with less pedal effort.

Another thing is the caliper piston fluid volume. A single large piston like the Taurus uses does not give the firm pedal feel that dual pot smaller pistons will give you due to the larger volume of fluid that needs to be compressed.

If you want good brakes on the Taurus then go to the Mustang GT dual pot front calipers. These along with good pads are all you need.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you installed it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts