Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight, I'm headed to the shop. I'm in Anonda's 97, just minding my own business as usual. A newer (2000 up?) Malibu decides to pass me on the right, and I figure what the hell, I haven't stretched the ol' girls legs in a while. Once I determined there was no traffic up ahead, I nailed it, and off we went. It was pretty close for a while, I thought he might actually pass me, but once we got to around 110, he sort of just stayed there, and I kept going. Then I remembered (it's been a hell of a long week), I have no speed limiter! Once I beat him on top end, he still wanted more, so we entered my favorite part of the highway, the "S" curves.
Complete and total ownage, hands down. I blew through at about 95-100 or so, he must have had to back off, because I never saw him again. Long live the Bull!

*Disclaimer* I do not promote, recommend, or endorse street racing, but every now and then, you gotta have a little fun!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL
Nice Kill, Bob
Show them what mad vulcan powah is all about!

Malibus suck!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
........Then you hear *GRRRRRRRRRind, CHIKKKKKKKK, WHIRRRRRRRRR*.

.............And Bob is replacing his third Vulcan

-DC

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by duratecchie@Apr 7 2004, 10:28 AM
........Then you hear *GRRRRRRRRRind, CHIKKKKKKKK, WHIRRRRRRRRR*.

.............And Bob is replacing his third Vulcan

-DC
Second. And if this Vulcan goes, it's getting a V8.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Firespirit@Apr 7 2004, 10:06 AM
If I'm thinkin of the right "S" curve... That thing I had to brake on in the Intrepid... then woah! I can't imagine going 90+ on there. I feel like tipping over...

Good Job
Yep, those are the ones, on I-95 Northbound. Once you get used to them, they're not that bad.

Still not as good of a kill as the Suburban vs. Eclipse one though...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by afi292@Apr 7 2004, 11:01 AM
Does your 97 have any mods????whats its top end?
It has a ported upper intake, but that's about it for drivetrain mods, for now. It's mostly suspension/brakes/PCM reprogramming. It has SHO springs, deactivated SARC struts (so they're firm all the time), a 23mm rear sway bar, 97 painted SHO wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT +4 tires, subframe connectors, an FSTB (duh), and I just swapped to the SHO front brakes.

Alberto at American Motorsport handled the PCM reprogramming, and did a great job!

I have no idea what the top speed is, I haven't swapped to the SHO cluster yet. I'd guess about the same as Jim Smola's was, about 130 MPH.

She handles, she stops, now she just needs power to need all the brakes and suspension work. That will be coming this Fall.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Apr 7 2004, 10:12 AM
deactivated SARC struts (so they're firm all the time),
do all G3's have SARC struts? If so, how would I go about disabling them?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by silvapain+Apr 7 2004, 11:27 AM-->QUOTE (silvapain @ Apr 7 2004, 11:27 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Bob Gervais
@Apr 7 2004, 10:12 AM
deactivated SARC struts (so they're firm all the time),
do all G3's have SARC struts? If so, how would I go about disabling them? [/b]
I should have been clearer. The SARCs are from a SHO also. They are, however, a direct bolt-in.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Apr 7 2004, 02:02 AM
............*Disclaimer*  I do not promote, recommend, or endorse street racing, but every now and then, you gotta have a little fun!
About that ticket you wanted.......

I'll mail you one

·
Registered
397 Posts
bob a bad boy? does he need his a** beat? :spanking:

Subliminal message - eat more popcorn

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Apr 7 2004, 11:12 AM-->QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Apr 7 2004, 11:12 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-afi292
@Apr 7 2004, 11:01 AM
Does your 97  have any mods????whats its top end?
It has a ported upper intake, but that's about it for drivetrain mods, for now. It's mostly suspension/brakes/PCM reprogramming. It has SHO springs, deactivated SARC struts (so they're firm all the time), a 23mm rear sway bar, 97 painted SHO wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT +4 tires, subframe connectors, an FSTB (duh), and I just swapped to the SHO front brakes.

Alberto at American Motorsport handled the PCM reprogramming, and did a great job!

I have no idea what the top speed is, I haven't swapped to the SHO cluster yet. I'd guess about the same as Jim Smola's was, about 130 MPH.

She handles, she stops, now she just needs power to need all the brakes and suspension work. That will be coming this Fall.
[/b]
Think its as fast as a duratec?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I'd eat the popcorn....but i came back from the bathroom and wendy's food was on my desk... gotta love surprises. Nice kill...I hate Malibu's too and it seems like either an old man is driving one, or sum person that thinks there a hot shot driving a classic malibu.........thats when you give them a reality check.

Whats this eclipse kill? I never heard about that one......

however i watched a kid from school who drives an Eclipre RS (royal s***) get his a** handed to him buy a near base model Excursion...I'm still laughing at that one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by afi292@Apr 7 2004, 05:51 PM
Think its as fast as a duratec?
Just for what it's worth, my '87 Sable GS Sedan (The best car I've ever owned) had a top end of 124 MPH, absolutely bone stock. Yup, mad Vulcan powah!

(The speedo only went to ~85, so I was interpreting 124 MPH from 4250 RPM on the tach.)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah whats Girlie about the V8, it is slower than the Yamahammer, but for comfort the V8 is a smoother ride, but for seat of the pants fun the Gen 1 is all out fun, really do need toi find me a Gen 2 and complete the set

1 - 20 of 22 Posts