Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 99 Taurus with the cassette player and Auto Climate Control buttons up front and the Cd changer/radio in the back, stock Mach speakers if that matters. A while back my cd changer magazine, that i hated, got stolen. So i rigged an old sony deck with power from the cigarette lighter in place of where the ash tray belongs. And i got rid of the rear unit and cd changer. I ran just the speaker wires from the back and it worked ok, though i don't reccomend this. Now that is stolen. So i have an alpine i want to put in but i want to actuially install it this time. So I no longer have the radio or changer or the rear control unit at all, just a bunch of wires. I need to know what wires back there are what, aside from speakers, i know that. I'm hoping to find illumination, constant power and switch power. Can anyone help me. I will just run these wires along with the speaker wires up front and install the alpine unit back where the old as tray was.

Here is a list of the mysterious wire colors. some of my wires match the diagrams i have found on here, but some don't so i don't know what to do.

from one gray plug in:
a larger Red/Yellow
Blue
Black/pink

from another gray terminal -all but the first 2 seem to run up front into the cassette deck oval thing
green/black - i've tested this and it is a negitive when key is on
red/black -tested this it is positive when key is on ( what is voltage)
tan
light blue/pink- wrapped arounf tan one
gray
brown/green
white/pink
Black
bue/white

Then there are the speaker wires and about 3 more ground wires that i have screwed to the metal in the trunk to ground them.

Or maybe the wires i need are up front?
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I dont think there are any illumination wires in the back. When the stereo is installed in the dash, the wire to the ash tray light is tapped for illumination. You might use the power antenna lead instead. I don't know the wiring off the top of my head. I'll have to go check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would be great if you could check. If I am understanding you right, i can just use the wire from the light over the ash tray?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
that would be great if you could check. If I am understanding you right, i can just use the wire from the light over the ash tray?
[/b]
yes, the light over the ashtray. I tapped into it to illuminate the Scosche radio bezel and Pioneer HU.

I'll get back to you on the trunk wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts