Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. My 1997 Taurus Gl was just like any other basic GL when I got it, but I've been trying to add some interior upgrades from upper-end models. I haven't done the things I've really wanted to do which is the wiring of the missing courtest lamps on the doors and the wiring of the lighted vanity mirrors.

I had originally not planned on worrying about the vanity mirrors being illuminated, but when I bought this car from my mother, I realized that the third generation taurus does not have the dual sun sunvisor standard on the drivers side, which you can have over the drivers window and the windshield at the same time. My two gen 2's had them standard, but I had to pull one from a '96 LX for my 97 Gl. I realized there is a light feature and on both mirrors for driver and passenger. I want to wire both. I could see where the wires to the mirrors seem to run along the a-pillars on both sides, but where do the wires plug into the car?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,412 Posts
They plug in on the inside where the mirror attaches to the headliner...just pull out slowly to get to the plug. Check a Gen 3 Sable for the extra visor on the drivers side.
The C/Lights are easy too. Just pull all the wiring from both doors of a '96, and splice to the interior under dash lights on both sides.

Also you could get the passenger mirror from a '96 they pull out from the bottom and are a little larger too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 1999 Taurus had standard visors. I found a 99 Sable in the yard same color interior with dual sunvisors with the dimming lights. I also snagged the entire interior since this a special edition with the woodgrain inserts on the doors that match the dash trim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.