Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ford: i have a 01 and was told that 03 has the illuminated switches for the steering wheel i would like this feature but it is not a have to have if so can i swap mine out foe 03 or would there be more to it? dose any one have this feature

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Yes the '03 does have it. No one has swapped it out before so no one really knows if it's plug and play.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You'd need the clockspring from a 2003 to make this happen, in addition to the proper wiring inside the 2003 only steering wheel, and the 2003 cruise control buttons. Along with wiring the interior light wiring to that cruise control wiring from the clock spring... i'm sure there's more that would need ot make that happen.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
You'd need the clockspring from a 2003 to make this happen, in addition to the proper wiring inside the 2003 only steering wheel, and the 2003 cruise control buttons. Along with wiring the interior light wiring to that cruise control wiring from the clock spring... i'm sure there's more that would need ot make that happen.
[/b]
:werd:
Definitely not plug-and-play, unfortunately.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that was my cousin on here with his 01. i looked at the wiring diagrams and it definately appears what you're saying is accurate. interestingly i took the switches apart for his cruise control and the PCB has the solder points for the illumination pins and a resistor / the led's looked at his wire harness and he doesnt have the necessary wires in the steeering wheel. thats when i told em he probbaly would need the clockspring etc from a 2003. i'm also studying the wiring diagrams for him trying to figure out a way to install autolamps. (he has the switch for them from the j/y but the wiring isint there. looks like they put the relays for the autolamps inside the GEM. i'm trying to figure out a way to work around that.

[/b]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts