Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92' Ford Taurus wagon with the 3.8 V6. The wife took the car out and came back and parked it in the driveway.She mentioned it sputtered earlier in the day(i drove it after she mentioned this and did not have the problem,car has had full tune-up)I go out to it 5 minutes later and the car will not start.The key turns and the car has full power to it but it will not turn the car over. I'm pretty sure the ignition switch,lock cylinder were toast before this as I could turn the car to the run position without the key and while the car was running you could remove the key.When i try to start the car now it will light up the dash lights as normal,it just won't turn the car over when you turn the key that little extra bit,only the brake light turns on when i do this.Starter solenoid? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I changed out my ign cylinder and had it keyed to the original key for $20 a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My problem is moisture in the solenoid.It froze up last night.Got the car to start but looks like i will end up replacing the starter and solenoid as my wife drives the car and for her to jack the car up and get under the car and tap the solenoid and find someone to crank the key till it kicks in is not gonna fly :D
Thanks for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts