Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened once last year and we had to take the console apart and the column. There was some cable that I pulled on that got me out of this jam. But does anyone know if this is a common problem. I had heard there was a recall for this on some ford cars in the past. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, and having someone rock the car foward to back as well. This time I got it to go without removing the column cover and pulling on what ever I did last year. But I have no confidence that I won't get stuck. Thanks

As far as I know there isn't a recall. Have you tried jiggling the shifter while turning the key?
[/b]

·
Registered
200 Posts
my 96 does it every time i "lock the wheel"... when i insert the key i always have to work it a lil... to avoid it i just dont lock the wheel anymore...

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
Mine got stuck at the shop where the tranny was replaced. After fighting with it for about an hour, I got pissed off, hit the end of the key with my fist and the key turned over.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Mine got stuck at the shop where the tranny was replaced. After fighting with it for about an hour, I got pissed off, hit the end of the key with my fist and the key turned over.
[/b]
And people say that getting pissed at something doesn't fix it... :rolleyes2:

:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
DaveX 3.0
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing