Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for people who currently or have used the AMS chip on a taurus or sable 3.0l vulcan.

Im seriously looking into getting one of these chips, but i want to know from people who have them installed.

Could you tell a difference in the vechicle when you first drove it?

Was it worth the money?

Is it a big difference over stock?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I have it and its worth it. Get the premium gas program, it will give you the best result. Just make sure that your car is 100% ready for the chip, that means do all maintence schedualed maintence on the engine prior to installing it. Its good practice even if you don't add the chip.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by zoomdaddy@Aug 31 2004, 04:42 PM
This is for people who currently or have used the AMS chip on a taurus or sable 3.0l vulcan.

Im seriously looking into getting one of these chips, but i want to know from people who have them installed.

Could you tell a difference in the vechicle when you first drove it?

Was it worth the money?

Is it a big difference over stock?
yes to all. :banana:

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I am starting to lean towards buying one of these also. Has anyone with one and a Vulcan actually noticed any improvement in gas mileage?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by golovko@Sep 1 2004, 09:57 PM
I am starting to lean towards buying one of these also. Has anyone with one and a Vulcan actually noticed any improvement in gas mileage?
yesums.

i got about a 3 mpg improvement in the city. I got the 93 octane program.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes+Sep 2 2004, 02:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taurussetypes @ Sep 2 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-golovko@Sep 1 2004, 09:57 PM
I am starting to lean towards buying one of these also.  Has anyone with one and a Vulcan actually noticed any improvement in gas mileage?
yesums.

i got about a 3 mpg improvement in the city. I got the 93 octane program. [/b][/quote]
Coolness...well after I get a tranny cooler, filter, air filter, and get my brakes upgraded, that will be next on my list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts