Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1766 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
2012 Fusion Sport FWD - 16,689 miles - $20,000

The car is at a dealership 20 minutes from my cabin. I might be headed out there this weekend; if things work out and I get away to the cabin, I might stop in at the dealer for a test drive.

I'm not huge about the color because of how it washes out the tail lights and catches the eyes of law enforcement; it also has the sport red leather when I really prefer the all black interior. However, it's low-mileage, low price, and nearly loaded (missing navigation, however, it does have a block heater which is a plus in the upper Midwest).

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Wow, that red interior looks tacky.
I know...the Fusion Sport also came with a black accented and bright blue accented interior. I can't tell which is worse, the blue or the red; only the black looks normal.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I think the red looks good, personally. But that's the funny thing about taste, hehe.
I think both the red and the blue accents would look much better if they were darker; the colors as they are seem too bold and bright. Really the seats aren't terrible, but I'm not a fan of the dash accents, which you could paint over anyway.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,747
The dash accents look like something GM would do on a crappy SS model of the Sonic or something.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
The dash accents look like something GM would do on a crappy SS model of the Sonic or something.
If I got a Sport with the accented interior, I would almost certainly paint over the accented portions of the dash. Either paint, or carbon fiber vinyl wrap of some sort.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,749
A brushed metal style would look nice. Especially if it were real metal like the Sable Platinum.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,751
It's a good fill-in, but trust me, knowing it's real metal is better. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here"s My Next Car! Maybe :)

2016 Lincoln Continental .
Saw it and touched it at the Cleveland Auto show.

Ford says it will be out for 2016-but that remains to be seen..

Beautiful car in that color , the one in the auto show was this color with that interior. Base price starting at $ 50,000 :wub:

MarauderS

Attachments

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

Attachments

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
I really want my next car to be a 2008-2009 Taurus/Sable. Either that or a 500. They are such luxurious looking cars.

I wish I could have a refurbished 2007 Five Hundred Limited, AWD, and yes, the infamous CVT. I like my car now, but the Fiver was something special and unique in the Ford lineup, if underwhelming to most.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts

·
Administrator
15,093 Posts
It is nothing short of bizarre how different sales are from region to region. They are a common site here and there are not many the lots. I know I live in Ford country but the disparity is surprising

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
It is nothing short of bizarre how different sales are from region to region. They are a common site here and there are not many the lots. I know I live in Ford country but the disparity is surprising
The 2011 SHO I drove in February sat on the lot for another 3 months after I drove it, and then was dealer traded and price reduced from $18950 to $15950.

My dealer has had a brand new red SHO on the lot for 4 months and it's priced at $39,950. Needless to say it's either going to get dealer traded or sit the entire winter because nobody is going to buy it.

1741 - 1760 of 1766 Posts