Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 1766 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Something less than original there. IIRC the only factory Chevy engine in the Gen 2 Firebird was the 305. The Chevy 350 was used beginning with the 3rd generation

it's probably the best engine to be in there for financial purposes. It's not like they're expensive to get power from.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I can remember the 77 I drove and all had 350 or better Pontiac "wide Blocks" In 78 they were plagiarized by the cheaper equally efficient chevy engines. But you could still get the pontiac 400.
ENGINES
The base Firebird engine was a new 231-cu.in. Buick V-6, but the Formula came standard with a Pontiac 301 V-8 (soon replaced by a Chevy 305) and offered a 49-state Pontiac 350 or the alternate California/high-altitude Olds 350. For 1978, the Chevy 305 was joined by the Chevy 350, replacing the Pontiac engine.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

·
Administrator
14,352 Posts
Now that's a great looking car. One thing I can't stand is when people post cars, and don't put a price on it, rather they put "best offer". You KNOW what you want for the car.......... why should I have to guess at what you want, other than the fact of you hoping I'll offer more than you would settle for. Listings with no price I usually pass over.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Now that's a great looking car. One thing I can't stand is when people post cars, and don't put a price on it, rather they put "best offer". You KNOW what you want for the car.......... why should I have to guess at what you want, other than the fact of you hoping I'll offer more than you would settle for. Listings with no price I usually pass over.
I hate that too, but for my ideal next car with 3,000 miles...I'd be willing to play the game.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
1721 - 1740 of 1766 Posts