Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to sell my car, whats the most I could get for it? and also whats the least?

mods: well sorta lol

Tinted windows all around 35% darkest legally in PA.

Factory Rear spoiler added.

Leather seats added -great condition

Underbody neons, Red, brand new just put on this weekend i will post pics later tonight.

Sylvania Silverstars

K&N panel filter

intake silencer removed.
29400 on the odometer

also, if you all wish to see pics my cardomain site should be working.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I would say between 10 and 13 grand

You will get more from a private sale.

I paid close to 15K for mine, 2000 SEL from a dealer with 18k on the clock

-DC

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by SEL2000@Sep 16 2004, 03:32 PM
If I were to sell my car, whats the most I could get for it? and also whats the least?

mods: well sorta lol

Tinted windows all around 35% darkest legally in PA.

Factory Rear spoiler added.

Leather seats added -great condition

Underbody neons, Red, brand new just put on this weekend i will post pics later tonight.

Sylvania Silverstars

K&N panel filter

intake silencer removed.
29400 on the odometer

also, if you all wish to see pics my cardomain site should be working.
I'd def do a private party sell if possible. Things like "intake silencer removal" and "k&n panel filter" don't mean jack squat to a dealer, I wouldn't think. Neons? Yeah, definately not on the top of a dealer's "must-have-to-add-value" list, unless you get this badass dealer that handles cars like that. :)

Actually, if you mention those things to a dealer, they might try to give you a lower value, since you've changed it from factory stuff (though the leather seats are a nice touch).

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I've had too many experiences with dealers who are fleshly incarnations of the spawn of Satan. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two days ago I was offered $6500 trade in on my car at a Ford dealership. I have a 2001 SES Vulcan with 53k miles, fog lights, traction control, heated mirrors, electrchromic mirror, leather I installed in OK condition, ABS, rear A/C vents, power moonroof, floor shifter package, etc.. Even after bardering with the guy for about an hour I could only talk him up to about $7000 on the trade. :( Very depressing. I was trying to get an 04 Taurus... but it didn't work. I've decided it would be better to keep this one until it falls apart. I'll make extra payments and get it paid down quick so I get rid of my negative equity. I think I could sell mine outright and get about $10k or so if I found a good buyer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah dealers dont know about our cars like we do lol

anyways,

i need something like this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...8&category=6352

minus the ricey exhaust and miles.
I want a fast car, that I can afford like around the price of the SEL.

i guess I am looking around for another car becuase my friends make me jealous all the time lol... 1999 black SHO with like 30000 miles, another has a 98' eclipse GS-T spyder.

i mean i wish i just had a fast car, i dont know, if I can't find anything or get a good offer for my car than I guess I will keep it till i'm out of college.

everyone make me feel better about my car lol

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude, I have a Vulcan and you're complaining about not having a fast car?? :blink: Anyways, the SEL's are very nice and have features you're not going to find in an eclipse or anything. The Taurus is in a much *higher class* if you will. :) But the Duratec is a motor with a ton of potential, you just have to coax the power out of her. ;) Just get exhaust, intake, a chip and a UPD and you can get quite a bit out of it. B) Don't feel down about it. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
man you dont want a eclipes its just one BIG blind spot even the conv

and for the price of your car sorr to say you prob wont even get 10k for
you will be lucky to get 8 or 9

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
The key question for you is this: Do YOU like YOUR car? If you like it, who gives a shi_ what someone else thinks? People thought my Accord was tight: V6, loaded, tinted windows, factory fog light kit, spoiler, all that stuff - even I thought it looked cool :chili: . Problem was, I wasn't happy with it. So now my sister has it, and I eventually got my Taurus (I'm skipping over my experience with my Lincoln LS) and I think it's great. :D

So if you're happy with it and you like it, KEEP IT! B)

If not, wait till you finish school and get a good job, buy something you want when you have $$$ and dump the Taurus, knowing that it's an American car and basically became worthless a :unsure: s far as resale value goes once it left the dealer when it was new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All SHO's look really good, but the 99's were stripped of features since they were the last model year. :p Supposedly 97 is the best year. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jason, what was taken from it besides the suspention ride control thing?
and why are 97's the best?
i'm interested in knowing about this!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by SEL2000@Sep 16 2004, 09:38 PM
jason, what was taken from it besides the suspention ride control thing?
and why are 97's the best?
i'm interested in knowing about this!
I don't know all the details, but somebody will chime in... This is what I am pretty sure of:

No SARC suspesion (like you said)
No Rear A/C vents.
Integrated phone option gone?
Heated mirrors not available?
There are a few little interior trimmings... Man, I can't remember them all right now, lol.

But I've heard from many people that 97 SHO's have the most options of any and were best equipped (of gen 3's). :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts