Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

right now my car has two bald tires on the front but the middle of the tires still have trend its just the sides that are bald, my cars pull to the right when driving. If i get two new tires and get them balanced will the pulling to the right be gone or would i still need alignment.

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Whenever you get new tires you should ALWAYS get a fresh alignment. This way the car will track straight(which you state that your car is pulling anyway) and will keep the tires from prematurely wearing out. So yes....... get the alignment.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Yes an alignment is definitely a good idea if installing new tires, however what you described that the outsides of the tire were bald while the middle of the tire had tread, sounds as if you ran them under inflated. Keep an eye on your tire pressure when you install the new tires as well.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Front tires will wear the edges more normally. That's why you need to rotate them with rear ones periodically.
But pulling in one direction will wear faster the new tires and waste gas. It's all worth the alignment.
Avoid hitting potholes after that - car will deform from "straight line" again.

·
Registered
108 Posts

right now my car has two bald tires on the front but the middle of the tires still have trend its just the sides that are bald, my cars pull to the right when driving. If i get two new tires and get them balanced will the pulling to the right be gone or would i still need alignment.
if the back tires are still good, throw them in front this way you wont have to get new tires and the pulling to the right may stop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts