Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Once
I start the car up whether a hot or cold day it seems to idle at a low Rpms and bounces around. Once I put the car into gear it quits doing that. My pap told me that it started about 1 month ago. Its does it probably 75% of the time. Does the idle idle need adjusted or is it a sensor or something?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Check for vacuum leaks, see if you hear any hissing thats coming from any particular location.

Make sure the PCV isn't clogged or gummed up

The idle air control valve (IAC) may be gunked up. Every so often I've had to take
them off and spray them with carb/throttle body cleaner. Make sure not to ruin the gasket,
and it probably wouldn't be bad to put a small beed of rtv gasketmaker around it when you put
it back on.

Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor is dirty or going bad (you'll typically get a check engine light though)

Does the Camshaft Syncro Sensor issue apply to 2nd Gen'? I'm not sure myself.

Hey guys, Once
I start the car up whether a hot or cold day it seems to idle at a low Rpms and bounces around. Once I put the car into gear it quits doing that. My pap told me that it started about 1 month ago. Its does it probably 75% of the time. Does the idle idle need adjusted or is it a sensor or something?
[/b]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Check engine light has appeared yet. I'm sure the mass air flow sensor needs to be cleaned. I did pick up a can of Mass air flow sensor cleaner a while back.

Where is the Idle air control valve located? pictures would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Sorry, I meant to post a picture for you.

It will look like this: http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images.../NIE/2-1941.jpg

It is located on top of the intake manifold, drivers side by the throttle body:

(This picture is from a windstar, but its pretty much the same)
http://leckemby.net/windstar/IAC002.jpg

No Check engine light has appeared yet. I'm sure the mass air flow sensor needs to be cleaned. I did pick up a can of Mass air flow sensor cleaner a while back.

Where is the Idle air control valve located? pictures would be helpful.
[/b]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts