Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i was driving through Bruce Crossing, MI the other day and at the stop lights i see this Taurus... it has gold badging, and blades..i quickly snapped this picture, and kept driving :) is it a special model? or custom job?

Jesse

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Probably just a dealer installed kit. I see it all the time on Taurus' within the Detroit city limits. Assume what you will from that. :D

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I tend to see it around detroit too...black taurus, gold everything and a vinyl top or whatever

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So does ford make gold blades and badges??? or does the dealership take them off and make them?? because this wasn't a spray paint job, it was done really well...

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
The owner could have had the gold electroplated on. It's very common...in fact, almost all gold trim is just electroplated plastic.

JR

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 8 2004, 01:16 PM
The owner could have had the gold electroplated on. It's very common...in fact, almost all gold trim is just electroplated plastic.

JR
I see... just like cheap jewelery lol

So does everyone think it looks cheap and gawdy? Or eye catching classy?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I think it's cheap and gaudy...just the way Stever likes it!

I don't like the way gold looks on any color car. I also don't like chrome rims...I like lower gloss. The gold just makes the car look ghetto-fied!

JR

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
It depends on how professionally it is done. Personally I don't like gold packages anymore, (mainly because I've seen too many people make it look cheap and gaudy by having their rims and the entire grill "dipped".) however if it's just the badges that's cool. Especially on a white,black or burgandy car.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Personally, I don't like it. It wouldn't look so bad if the wheels had SOME gold accents, but with the black, the gold , and the silver, just too busy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm iffy on the gold on black..I'm not a "gold" color person lol I do like the silver on black..it makes it look classy. I saw a taurus with a wooden color blades and badges...it looked kinda cool....Did you want to do that to your car?

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
they could at lease change the pin stripe on it.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Nothings worse then a fake, padded top on a Taurus. Talk about ugly and cheezy.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Jul 9 2004, 07:15 PM
Ok, i need to see pictures of this

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Look on ebay under the sable section, there are a few on there with the padded top, and special badging.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
at least they don't have gold rims!!!

G

·
Originally posted by afi292+Jul 9 2004, 07:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (afi292 @ Jul 9 2004, 07:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fordaspiregv@Jul 9 2004, 07:15 PM
Ok, i need to see pictures of this [/b][/quote]
you want pictures? here ya go...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by MySablesNameIsBruce+Jul 11 2004, 07:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MySablesNameIsBruce @ Jul 11 2004, 07:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2004, 07:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-fordaspiregv
@Jul 9 2004, 07:15 PM

Ok, i need to see pictures of this
you want pictures? here ya go... [/b][/quote]
Actually, IMO that's not that bad looking. B)

Thanks for the bulbs Kim, work great,, I'm sending ya a little something back, I can't just take them for free. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts