Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im struggling to figure out what i want to do next to my car. im ordering the mach 1 lip tonight and having it painted to match but after that im not too sure of what else i want to do to the out side of my car.

i was going to have it painted but my buddy kinda got me liking the color of my car now just because its a bit different.

im open to suggestions heres what it looks like now:

·
Registered
374 Posts
If it were my car, I would start shaving and smoothing the exterior. Remove the door ding strips and fill them in flush. Same with the strip on the rear bumper. Close the panel gaps and shave the handles.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lambo doors have been added to the list i just got a pair of 500lb shocks from my buddy for $50 so im gunna piece the kit together, i am gunna wire up some led tails using strips on the inside, and im going to run them like the new gen maxima tails, hard to describe so just check one out to get what im saying.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also just ordered drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads for the front only $100 on ebay, probably not the best but im gunna try them out im getting way too much brake dust in the front.

·
Registered
260 Posts
also just ordered drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads for the front only $100 on ebay, probably not the best but im gunna try them out im getting way too much brake dust in the front.
:thumb: Good choice, cheap or not, they'll look good and help with braking, it's a win-win.

1. I was thinking body matching side mirrors.
2. Chrome handles (just the handle, not the entire assembly).
3. Possibly black or chrome the lines going around the car, the ones that run along the doors and follow to the bumpers.
4. You could go with either a full size spoiler like the factory on the taurus or a spoiler lip like the one on the 2010 taurus.
5. Carbon fiber or desert camouflage(digital) on the hood like so:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Speaking of wraps, you could do something awesome, like this F-117 Nighthawk-inspired wrap on this 458 Italia:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where did you get the LEDs on your headlights and how are they hooked up? I would love to put them on my Taurus

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
at autozone and i just bought a wiring harness and ran it to the battery and ran a switch under the radio so i dont have to keep the lights on at all times. i can shut them off whenever.

wednesday im going to pull the speeo out and swap the bulbs and remove the coating dunno why i havent tried it sooner.

i just havent seen it done on a 4.5 gen, has anyone done it before? i say this because i have a display screen under the speedo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts