Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure the best place to write this, but here goes...

I bought an 04 taurus last month and its OK. It had great engine and low miles, so perfect as far as machanics go. What it lacks is everything else. It was made with very few optional extras. No steering wheel radio, no multi disc, no moonroof, bench seats, etc. Very basic. And its this lack of extras that make me not love the car.

Today I'm looking for suggestions for things I could do that would make the car better. What have you done to your taurus to personalize it and make it more fun to drive?

I am driving across the country in June, so I have a month to do this. Help me love my car!

Looking forward to hearing your responses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2000 and the first thing i did to mine was tint the windows. still the best thing i have done. if your driving cross country then it would probably be a good idea

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I have done a lot to my 2002. You can see a mods list if you click on the link to my garage. You can also see many pictures if you click on my name and go to my profile page. :)

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts
Why does bench seat=basic? I have bucket seats and it's stupid. It's a big, automatic sedan. Having a center console is a giant waste of space.

Upgrades? May I suggest XM or Sirius radio? I like my commute 5x better with it.

Oh, and no gen 4 had steering wheel radio controls. I didn't see much point until I had a Fusion loaner car. They are great to have aren't they?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I bought a 67 GTO with 389 and posi. That is worth the mods. I use my Taurus to go to church and the Dr. I use the money on real metal and space.
Got MUSIC TOO!! Room for sound and extra girls!!

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
I have done so much to this car to make it more personalized. My car started as a base model with nothing except a CD player and cruise. All my mods are listed in my garage. The ones I recommend are amber rear turn signals, and the Mach Audio. There is a wealth of parts in junk yards. Most everything is plug and play.

·
Registered
102 Posts
A Simple but nice mod i did in my car was after i tinted it, i changed the dome bulbs to LED, first i did blue but got tired of it nd changed them to white!!.. It makes the car look so bright inside, and its also cool when you're out, nd you unlock it nd its nice nd colorful..

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
My favorite thing ive done is tint...completely changes the look of the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a whole list of things I want to do that I have seen on here but what I have done so far is:
1. Installed the Mach audio which only consists of changing the box(RCU) in the the trunk that you already have with a Mach RCU that was made for your car so its plug and play. You don't have to get the Mach tweeters but later I did and love the way they look. The difference is so massively different. Love it!
2. Got a power antenna and absolutely love it. Installing it now would be quick but since it was my first time it took me a few hours. I got the wiring instructions from this forum and they work.
3. Removed the intake silencer. Some of the instructions on here say remove the fender but all I had to do is remove the drivers side wheel and the plastic splash guard and there it was. Two bolts and it was gone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, absolutely didnt expect to have so many responses. Thanks for that. As for the bucket seats, I had them in my last vehicle and thought they were better. Maybe I'll give it some more time. I do miss my old steering wheel radio though.

Tint is a good one, as is the mach audio.
Thanks again for the suggestions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
14 Participants
Roach
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing